The Unique Dynamics of Co-parenting in Kinship Families March 14, 2023
World renowned kinship consultant and trainer, Dr. Joseph Crumbley, will present strategies on shared parenting/co-parenting that provide well-being, safety, and stability for children in kinship families, including how to:
– Identify the strengths and benefits of shared parenting for the child, caregivers and birth parents in kinship families
– Formulate pre-requisites and criteria for assessing whether or not shared/co-parenting is feasible and in the best interest of the child and kinship family.
– Develop strategies to elicit “buy-in” from caregivers and birth parents to engage in shared/co-parenting
– Identify the barriers and approaches for minimizing the challenges for shared parenting
– Provide caregivers the dialogues, guidelines and roles for birth parents that promotes and maintains shared/co-parenting.
This webinar will be based on a soon to be released training series by Dr. Crumbley.