How to Talk to Your Child about Adoption: Infancy to Age 12 Workshop June 04, 2017
In this workshop you will learn:
* How to create a safe atmosphere in which adoption can be openly discussed
* What children think about adoption at different ages and stages of development
* What issues are really hard for children to deal with and what issues are actually harder for the parents
* Communication tools for talking to your child and answering his or her questions
* How to help your child deal with peer or school issues.
This workshop is for families who have or are planning to adopt a child. Some adoption agencies will accept this workshop as credit toward the home study requirements. Certificates will be issued upon request.