AdoptionGives Goal Met! Tax Reform and What’s Ahead for CCAI
National Adoption Month was momentous for CCAI, as we demonstrated what our organization was designed to do when we were created by Members of Congress 16 years ago.
We are very proud to have advised and coordinated the adoption community and Capitol Hill in order to preserve the federal adoption tax credit during the House Ways and Means Committee’s discussions of eliminating it. While Congress has not yet finalized their tax legislation, we know that the Senate and House bills include the adoption tax credit.
National Adoption Month and Day
In addition to saving the adoption tax credit in the tax reform bills, CCAI’s November was extremely busy, as
• We supported National Adoption Day efforts and more than 4,700 children in foster care were adopted in National Adoption Day celebrations across the nation.
• We engaged 43 Governors who issued State National Adoption Month Proclamations.
• We engaged 63 Representatives and 30 Senators in supporting the U.S. Senate and House National Adoption Month Resolutions.
• The Minnesota Vikings and U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) issued this PSA in celebration of National Adoption Day.
#ADOPTIONGIVES Goal Met
We are grateful for your support of our annual #ADOPTIONGIVES Campaign.
We met our goal! Together, we raised over $25,000 in individual gifts, which generous members of our Board of Directors and The Minnesota Vikings matched for a total of over $50,000 raised.
Our success this November was only possible with support from you – our local champion – combined with Members of Congress, Governors and other policymakers. Together, we are able to make a difference in the lives of children in need of safe and loving families. So on behalf of CCAI, we send a heartfelt thank you.
What’s next for CCAI, you ask?
• It’s time for college-aged alumni of foster care to apply for the 2018 Foster Youth Internship Program®. The application deadline is January 15, 2018.
• Check to see if your Member of Congress is included on the Congressional Coalition on Adoption Caucus list, and reach out to build and maintain a relationship with your Members of Congress and their adoption and child welfare staff.
• A big announcement for CCAI’s 20th Annual Angels in Adoption® Program is coming soon! Follow CCAI on social media: